[CT Birds] Milford Point this morning

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:32:17 EDT 2011

This morning between 8:30 and 10:30, at the high tide, I birded Milford
Point (the LIS side) mostly with Nick Bonomo, but also Dennis Varza and
Charles Hills for a little while.   Here are my numbers of the more uncommon
species, which may vary from those of Nick and others.: Black Tern (3),
Forster's Tern (3), Black Skimmer (4),  Red Knot (8), Stilt Sandpiper (1).

 More common species included about  450 Common Terns, 1 Least Tern, 35
Short-billed Dowitcher, Black-bellied Plover (110),  Semipalmated Plover
(150), Sanderling (80), Semipalmated Sandpiper (400), Ruddy Turnstone (2),
American Oystercatcher (2) and Lesser Yellowlegs (1) There were also 2
Peregrine Falcons present.

 Nick was still birding when I left, so maybe he will expand this list