[CT Birds] Jamaica Bay Shorebird Festival - CANCELLED

Mardi Dickinson mardi1d at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 15:41:56 EDT 2011

Birders et al,

I wanted to pass this note along from Lloyd Spitalnik who sent this to the NYList. For those who may have been
going from CT.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
Email: mardi1d at gmail.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/MardiWD
Blog: http://kymry.wordpress.com/

Hi Everyone,
Because of extremely high water levels at Jamaica Bay and more rain coming we’ve decided to cancel the festival
his Saturday the 27th. We all feel bad about it but we always want to give you the best experience. This year there
were just too m any bstacles including 8” of rain in a 24 hour period and an impending hurricane on the way. Sorry
if this ruins anybody’s plans. It was a difficult decision by all the organizers. See you there next year.
Batten down the hatches and stay safe during the coming storm.

All our best,
Don Riepe
Kevin Karlson
NPS