[CT Birds] Hurricane Irene bird-reports aggregated

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:02:02 EDT 2011

Encouraged by a few friends, we are starting a temporary web site for just
one week, to track the increasingly DANGEROUS hurricane Irene and all the
related bird reports, from Florida up to maritime Canada. Not sure how
useful this will be, but we will give it a try. Hopefully we will have lots
of "hurricane birds" and this site will provide one convenient centralized
picture of all those hurricane-bird-reports along this thousand miles of
coastline, and nearby. If there aren't any hurricane birds, there wont be
much to report. We will get our data by manually checking every one of the
twenty bird listserv sites along the East Coast, every day for one week, and
add relevant references and links into our one site...
 http://hurricaneirene2011.blogspot.com/

More importantly, hopefully Irene will not hurt anyone. Be careful, this is
starting to look like a very dangerous storm, with forecast of a possible
deadly storm surge hitting the East Coast, including New England....
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1899

Tom Robben
Glastonbury CT