[CT Birds] Sunrise Birding weekend walk moved to Saturday

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Thu Aug 25 17:38:45 EDT 2011

 Hi All,

I just wanted to let people know that the Sunrise Birding walk for this Sunday has been moved to the Saturday. Last time a couple of people just showed up without booking, so although unlikely that anyone might try to do so this on this particular Sunday I thought I best just send out a warning in case. I guess if I were really hardcore I'd keep the walk on the Sunday - could be interesting ;)

Just a quick view on the hurricane. Although at this current time safety rather than birds is a priority, I thought it worth mentioning that even if you don't live near the coast this kind of weather can still bring interesting birds. During one of the more recent tropical storms (which actually turned into something of a damp squib) I was rather thrilled to discover a couple of Semi-P Plovers at Allen's Meadows in Wilton for the patch list. Inland reservoirs and open spaces like ballfields can certainly turn up something relatively exciting. I'm sure people will post more on possibilities anon. Personally I'll be keeping my eyes open for something interesting over the hawkwatch on the Monday and hoping we keep power and don't lose too many trees.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich