[CT Birds] Hurrican Irene, not good for bird migrants but good for common sense birding

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 26 06:41:13 EDT 2011

I feel very sorry for all the bird migrants who will likely run into big problems with Hurricane Irene. I know Hurricane Irene will blow into Connecticut some very interesting birds but hopefully Connecticut birders will use common sense and NOT go birding on Sunday. As I recall a day after a hurricane hit Cape May in New Jersey the birding was amazing. Assuming one can get out safely on Monday to Connecticut's birding "hot spots" the birding should be amazing,  migrating birds blown back to Connecticut by the hurricane and sea birds blown into Connecticut by the hurricane.

David W Babington
Washington, CT