[CT Birds] hummer question

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 07:42:08 EDT 2011

I had taken down all my feeders, but put up a couple again this morning as
there were birds chirping all around.  I spread lots of seed on the ground
under the shelter of the forsythias, but I have watched the hummers making
aborted passes at the nectar.  I have another feeder hung in a more
sheltered place, but haven't been able to monitor it.  Any ideas on what to
do?  Should I hang it down lower to the ground?  Poor little guys.  Doesn't
take much of a gust to thwart their efforts to feed.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

*"*Come to me bird-watching God, you will find the branches for nesting. A
mustard seed of faith grows to a place of many wings*.*"
                                    from “Prayer of the Heart” by Maren C.
Tirabassi & Joan Jordan Grant