[CT Birds] Yellow-bellied Flycatcher, Fairfield

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Tue Aug 30 20:54:34 EDT 2011

James Purcell and I birded a few spots in Fairfield this morning from around 7:15-11:00 in search of migrants. None of the spots we hit were terribly birdy but we were still able to pull together some good birds including a nice Yellow-bellied Flycatcher at the Birdcraft. Highlights/migrants below:

Birdcraft Sanctuary:

1 YELLOW-BELLIED FLYCATCHER--a really nice bird, my first for Fairfield; seen well in the pondside vegetation
17 Gray Catbird
6 Cedar Waxwing
1 Black-throated Green Warbler
1 Prairie Warbler