[CT Birds] Black Tern, etc

pfavreau at cox.net pfavreau at cox.net
Tue Aug 30 23:30:18 EDT 2011

from Patrice Favreau:
08/30/11 - Milford Point (midday - high tide) --1 BLACK TERN (basic plumage - first time I've seen one in Basic) , 1 MARBLED GODWIT, 2 or 3 BLACK SKIMMER, 1 Royal Tern, 2 Western Sandpipers among hundreds of Semipalmateds, numbers of Common Tern, Red Knots, Short-billed Dowitcher, Black-bellied Plover, Semi-palmated Plover, Sanderling, Great & Snowy Egrets; Herring, Gr. Black-backed, Ring-billed & Laughing Gulls, 1 Forster's Tern, 2 Long-billed Dowitcher (I'm pretty sure), 1 Osprey, 2 Spotted Sandpipers
--
Patrice