[CT Birds] Arctic Tern report?

Alexander Burdo alexanderburdo at mac.com
Wed Aug 31 09:46:11 EDT 2011

Hi All,

No need to change any plans as this tern ended up being a Common. The short of the long of it is, the observer relied on bill color as the only field mark for the identification, noting that the bird had an all-red bill. However, many Commons loose the black tips by late summer and thus this is what the bird turned out to be.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield