[CT Birds] late storm reports

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 13:49:34 EDT 2011

from Glenn Williams:
8/27 -- Stonington, Barn Island - juvenile WHITE IBIS found by Bob and Maureen Dewire still present
w/ Hank Golet
8/29 -- Lyme, Griswold Point (05:30-12:00) - BROWN PELICANs, 2 ROYAL TERNs, 25-30 BLACK TERN, CASPIAN TERN, WHIMBREL

I did not get out Sunday until after 4pm and seawatched at Ender's Island in Mystic for a while - seeing absolutely nothing.  I guess I was a few hours late.  The goal Monday was to go to Griswold Point predawn to sea-watch and see if anything was coming down the Connecticut River post-hurricane.  I cannot say that anything was exiting from the river, though birds seemed to appear at the point from out of no where.

Glenn Williams