[CT Birds] More nighthawk stuff

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 1 06:55:06 EDT 2011

And my experience is that this season I've seen a grand total of one (1)
nighthawk so far.  It was over my house at the end of the Hurricane day.  I
usually would have seen numerous small to medium flocks over my house and/or
along the I-95 corridor during my drive home from work, by now.
It seems the largest numbers have mostly been in northern CT (with the exception
of Greenwich) , and often they've been feeding on winged insects.
Many years ago, I once counted 500 migrating through the Norwalk shoreline from
my deck.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford