Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 17:23:14 EDT 2011

In total this storm produced double-digit WT Tropicbirds, most alive
and apparently well, from NJ/DE to New Hampshire. New Hampshire's was
picked up weakened and soon died apparently. I'm a bit surprised
nobody hit the jackpot with that one, but overall CT did very, very,
very well with this storm (in the bird department) despite a slightly
further west landfall than might have been expected.

I think we also may have missed the boat with the inland bodies of
water closest to the storm's track. I wonder if any large bodies in
the Salisbury area were birded hard during and immediately after the
storm, when the rarities were being seen. This is where the center of
circulation passed over CT. That's probably where a tropicbird would
have been most likely.