[CT Birds] Milford; Many Birds

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Thu Sep 1 19:41:39 EDT 2011

9/1/11  Milford Point -  American Avocet, Black-necked Stilt, Bairds Sandpiper, Western Sandpiper, Gull-billed Tern, Forsters Tern, Bonapartes Gull.

     Most of the day was spent at Milford Point today and I saw some very unique birds, some for the first time.  Many thanks to all the birders present today, it was quite a day.  More and more birds kept arriving and I too just missed seeing the Brown Pelican.  Currently, there are many species and numbers of birds there.

Mike Warner
Wilton, CT.