[CT Birds] COMING DOWN THE CT RIVER: MAYBE a Frigatebird

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:21:06 EDT 2011

Since the initial alert today,  the first-hand viewer of the alleged
Frigatebird has provided his first written report, and in it he expresses a
reduced certainty of his own identification of the bird.

If you go to this location with your browser...
you can read his own first hand report, as of 6:54pm, and decide for
yourself if you want to monitor the CT river tomorrow morning.

This second-hand report initially came to us via Marshall Iliff and Steve
Mirick, who are both absolutely TOP birders, which is why we jumped on
Steve's post so quickly. This still might be a frigatebird, but at this
point we just dont know. Given the number of rare birds caused by Irene
since sunday, anything is possible!

Tom Robben
Glastonbury CT