[CT Birds] Sept 3 - 27 species of shorebird incl BN STILT, AVOCET, LB DOW, MARBLED GODWIT & 'grasspipers'

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 20:20:02 EDT 2011

Today I smashed my personal record for shorebird species seen in one
day in CT (previously 21 species). I figured there was a good chance
at 20+ given the lingering rarities at Milford Pt, but 27 completely
exceeded expectations! Phil Rusch joined me for most of the day. Here
are some highlights, with full checklist and photos to be posted to my
blog on Sunday or Monday.

Old Lyme, Griswold Pt (with Phil Rusch) - adult AMERICAN
GOLDEN-PLOVER, 2 adult WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER, juv BAIRD'S SANDPIPER,
juv BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER
West Haven, Sandy Pt (with Phil Rusch) - 11 juv RED KNOT
Milford, Milford Pt (with Phil Rusch and others) - adult AMERICAN
GOLDEN-PLOVER, BLACK-NECKED STILT, AMERICAN AVOCET, 30 juv RED KNOT, 3
juv WESTERN SANDPIPER, 6 adult WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER
Stratford, Stratford Marina - MARBLED GODWIT, adult STILT SANDPIPER,
adult LONG-BILLED DOWITCHER
South Windsor, Strong Road - 3 adult AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVERS, SOLITARY
SANDPIPER, 4 adult WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER, WILSON'S SNIPE

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com