[CT Birds] Plovers

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Sun Sep 4 07:09:59 EDT 2011

I am in Newport RI at Atlantic Beach. At about 10 am yesterday, I was positioned a short distance from over 100 very small plover-like birds. It was amazing. I could not name them, except the Little Ring Plover. Some had all  pointed beaks, some with a little yellow or a little black or a combination. Some had all white under sides, while others were Grey Blends. Legs were black. Some had rings or other neck markings. My question is: They were not Adult Sized.  I counted 6 different varieties in one spot. Is this a norm for the area.. And what may I have seen?