[CT Birds] BN Stilt & Avocet - Yes

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 10:03:45 EDT 2011

Roy Harvey called to report that the Stilt and Avocet are both in the
marsh at Milford Pt right now. The Stilt is along the marsh side of
the outer point, while the Avocet is out in the middle of the marsh.
Both are currently visible from the platform that's just past the last
house on the point.

Note: if you walk out the marsh side of the point, watch the edge of
the marsh carefully for the stilt. Yesterday Phil and I accidentally
flushed it on our walk out - we had no idea it was hiding tight
against the shore among the spartina (marsh grass).

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com