[CT Birds] Resident Hummingbirds

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Sun Sep 4 17:31:50 EDT 2011

Yesterday 9/3, at Quaker Ridge Hawkwatch, 7 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds
overflew me headed west while 3 more were hitting the flowers and each other
in the "Oasis" at the east end of the hawkwatch lawn.  Other birds seen were
3 Osprey, 1 juvie Broadwinged Hawk and one white bellied Bald Eagle.  During
the day, 32 Chimneyswifts trickled through.  It's early yet.

Mike Warner
Wilton,CT.