[CT Birds] Chester, 9/4 - great-crested flycatcher, broad-winged hawk

Tammy Eustis teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sun Sep 4 19:02:17 EDT 2011

Chester, 9/4 - Heard a GREAT-CRESTED FLYCATCHER calling from the woods down the street; same spot where I heard one before Hurricane Irene, so maybe the same (or a related?) individual. Also saw a juvenile BROAD-WINGED HAWK sitting on the power lines in the same stretch of road. It was so intent on watching the tall grasses on the lawn below it, that it didn't mind me walking right underneath and past. What a time to not have my camera!
- Tammy Eustis, Chester