[CT Birds] Strong Road

pfavreau at cox.net pfavreau at cox.net
Mon Sep 5 14:05:32 EDT 2011

>From Patrice Favreau:
9/5/11 - Strong Road, South Windsor 11:45AM-12:30PM: Peregrine Falcon swooped in shortly after I arrived & flushed the many shorebirds I was sorting through; then when some settled back down a Kestrel sent them off for good (except the Killdeer). What I got in the time I had: 1 Am. Golden Plover in puddle (possibly a 2d largely hidden in grass), 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, 1 Baird's Sandpiper, couple dozen Western Sandpipers, probably a few Semipalmated in there too, dozen Killdeer, possible White-rumped Sandpiper but I'm not totally sure.
--
Patrice