[CT Birds] LHP 9/5

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Mon Sep 5 19:31:38 EDT 2011

>From Greg Hanisek

9/5 New Haven, Lighthouse Point hawk watch - 35 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, 1 Eastern Kingbird, 2 DICKCISSELS, 110 Bobolinks

There was an OK hawk passage on SW winds. There were 32 Ospreys that we counted as migrants based on their steady westward progress across the harbor and out of sight; there were quite a few other Ospreys taking fish in the harbor and flying inland (toward East Haven), presumably to perches where they could eat; we had several perched on a couple dead snags in the park eating;

Also 1 Bald Eagle, 2 SS, 2 AK and 10 Merlins.

Thanks for help from Bill Banks, Dana Campbell, Tina Green anbd Sara Zagorski