[CT Birds] Cape Cod Bird Club Pelagic Trip September 26 - sign up now!

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:14:57 EDT 2011

Passing this along in case any of you plan on being on the Cape the last weekend of September and can join me for the Cape Cod Bird Club's pelagic day trip. Here's your chance to get out on a pelagic with terrific leaders from one of my favorite birding spots! Check out the info about the trip to South Beach with Mark Faherty which I will be going on also. Come join me and other CCBC members for a great weekend of birding at the Cape!

Tina Green
Westport

To All Current and Would-be Pelagic Birding Enthusiasts,

If you are planning on signing up for the Cape Cod Bird Club pelagic
trip on September 26, please do so now to ensure that the tip will run.
Information on the trip is here:
http://massbird.org/ccbc/birding_cape_cod_weekend.htm

And the waiver form is here:
http://massbird.org/ccbc/2011%20Waiver%20for%20Pelagic%20Trip.pdf

We had a great trip last year, and we'd hate to have to cancel it due to
lack of interest. Sign up now! A Brown Booby (!) has been hanging around
off Herring Cove lately, Sabine's Gulls and phalaropes have been seen
from the whale boats recently, all three jaegers are around, and who
knows what else is out there.

Full description below:

Provincetown

Pelagic Birding Trip - 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM

Leaders: Blair Nikula, Peter Trull, Mark Faherty

Contact Person: Diane Silverstein at: 508-364-7050 or
birder526 at comcast.net

Join the Cape Cod Bird Club for a pelagic birding trip out of
Provincetown, MA.
Due to the popularity of this trip, we have reserved a much larger boat.
We will travel aboard a
comfortable and spacious Dolphin Fleet vessel for a 6-hour pelagic trip
to areas based on recent sightings
and activity.

Expert birders Blair Nikula, Peter Trull, and Mark Faherty will be
calling out the birds for us. We will have
great opportunities for viewing Greater, Sooty and Manx Shearwaters,
Northern Gannet, Black-legged
Kittiwake, and Parasitic and Pomarine Jaegers. Other possibilities
include Northern Fulmar (we saw
multiple in 2010), Cory's Shearwater, Wilson's and Leach's
Storm-Petrels, Red-necked and Red
Phalaropes, Sabine's gull, Long-tailed Jaeger and Razorbill. In addition
to pelagic species, the first
migrant loons and sea ducks should be in evidence and, if weather
conditions are favorable, a few
migrating song birds might also appear. Though the main focus will be on
birds, we might possibly see
Humpback, Fin and Minke Whales, plus Atlantic White-sided Dolphin,
Basking Shark, Bluefin Tuna, and
Mola Mola. This Dolphin Fleet vessel has a heated main deck with a full
galley and bar. There is bench
seating on the main deck as well as open seating on the top deck and
railings all around the perimeter.
The interior cabin has seating for over 100 passengers and the cabin is
centrally heated and air-cooled.
There are clean modern restrooms aboard and the boats are immaculate.
**This is a larger, more spacious
boat than we used in 2010.**

Boarding will begin at 8:30 AM. We will depart from MacMillan Wharf at
9:00 AM.
There is parking available in the area for a fee. The closest parking
(about a 2 minute walk) is at the town
parking lot on MacMillan Wharf.

Directions: Take Route 6 east to Provincetown. At the traffic lights,
take a left onto Conwell Street. Turn
right onto Bradford Street, at the bottom of the hill turn left onto
Standish Street. Drive straight through
the intersection of Standish and Commercial Streets and out onto the
pier.
The cost for this trip is $65.00 for members and $80.00 for non-members.
Any proceeds benefit our
nature campership fund.

The trip is limited to 150 people.

*Note this trip may be cancelled if the quota is not met.

*In case of inclement weather, please contact the Dolphin Fleet directly
at 508-240-3636.
To reserve a space for this trip send a signed waiver with a check
payable to "Cape Cod Bird Club" no
later that September 1st to :
Pelagic Trip
Cape Cod Bird Club
PO Box 704, Harwich, MA 02645

Suggested items to bring are sunscreen, sunglasses, and warm clothing.
Wear sneakers or shoes with
good traction. You may bring your own food and non-alcoholic beverages.
There will be food and drinks
available on board from the open galley.
A signed waiver is mandatory for this trip.

Mark Faherty
President, Cape Cod Bird Club

Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:

Visit Your Group

MARKETPLACE

A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.