[CT Birds] Nighhawks and migration last night

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 12:23:17 EDT 2011

 Hi All,

After watching a few drift over during the middle of the day I had about 200 nighthawks over the Audubon Center in Greenwich at about 5pm yesterday.

In the evening I popped out and did a little moon watching and was a little surprised at how heavy migration appeared to be (lots to hear and see). It was about 10:15pm so I thought it a little late to post to the listserve but tonight may be good as well. Not so much sign of stuff that had put down here during an early morning stroll. I guess they are out there somewhere though?

Luke Tiller, Greenwich