[CT Birds] LPP Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 09:03:06 EDT 2011

>From Dana Campbell and the gang at Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch in New
Haven:
9/9 - 20 migrating raptors including 5 Sharpies, 7 Coops, 3 Merlins, 1
Kestrel, 1 Broadwing, and 1 Harrier.
Also traveling:  300 Cedar Waxwings, 300 Red-winged Blackbirds, 30
Bobolinks, 21 Chimney Swifts, 5 RT Hummingbirds, and 3 Common Loons

Lynn James, Don Morgan, Sol Satin, Dori Sosensky, Sulemaan Khan and Steve
Spector helped count aided by guests John Sterpka and Sherry Downing (of
ME.)  Let's see, that makes 2.85 raptors per observer.  It was, however, a
beautiful day at the Lighthouse as we were entertained endlessly by the
non-migrating Osprey and their fishing expertise.

--
Dana Campbell, Priest in Charge
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hartford
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

*"*Come to me bird-watching God, you will find the branches for nesting. A
mustard seed of faith grows to a place of many wings*.*"
                                    from “Prayer of the Heart” by Maren C.
Tirabassi & Joan Jordan Grant