[CT Birds] no subject

Robley Evans rjeva at conncoll.edu
Mon Sep 12 09:58:02 EDT 2011

Say's phoebe hit a window yesterday but survived.  A new bird for me.  At
least three hummingbirds still buzzing around the feeder here in North
Stonington.

I hope that when this Fall migration is over, someone or some group will
provide a summary or whatever about numbers, if this is possible.  I have
never seen so many nighthawks pass over, and over several days, for
instance; the reports of their number on this list have been encouraging, as
well.  I would like to know if I should feel encouraged about our migratory
birds, and not just in Connecticut.  Have there always been so many male
redstarts sighted as in this year?  Robley Evans