[CT Birds] Binocular recommendation

Susanne Shrader birdgirrl at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 15:12:07 EDT 2011

I had a Swarovski 10X  binocular (the word is singular, like bicycle), which was too shaky and bulky so I sold it.  I now have a 8X Minox (which is very good and half as expensive) and my favorite binoc, the Canon 15X image stabilizer.  One binoc for each shoulder, but much easier to carry  than my spotting scope.  The Canon locks in a great view, even if your hands shake, tracking a flying bird, or even in an idling car.  It also comes in a 8X, which I have for window watching, and a 12X.

Susanne Shrader
birdgirrl at comcast.net