[CT Birds] shorebird hunting in Carribean

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:02:22 EDT 2011

Hi Paul,
I think anyone who has read the string on the CT birding list regarding the
killing of the Whimbrels  etc. has been appalled, myself included. It
reminds me of the plight of the passenger pigeon.    I find it extremely
frustrating to read about these things and not be able to have some direct
impact to stop it.  I will be sending e-mails to organizations and
individuals in hopes that larger more expansive organizations  can have a
positive impact.  Certainly, supporting these organizations is one way, but
it seems like it takes forever .
Bev Propen, Orange