[CT Birds] Greenwich Point Warblers

Shaun Martin birdj510 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:49:53 EDT 2011

300ish warblers of 16 species.  Black-throated Green and Northern Parula
were the most common species of the morning, but Tennessee, Wilson's,
Nashville and Blackburnian were all present. Many of the birds went
unidentified flying over head but later in the morning a flock of about 60
birds starting feeding on hatching insects within a few feet, some flying
within inches of my head. This was the best look at migrating warblers I
have ever had at Greenwich Point, hopefully tomorrow is just as great. Also
of note, my brother had about 1000 Broad-winged Hawks near the Greenwich
Train Station later in the afternoon.

Shaun Martin