[CT Birds] Swainson's Hawk over the Coastal Center late this afternoon

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Fri Sep 16 22:32:20 EDT 2011

9/16/2011. While walking at the Coastal Center around 4:30 p.m. with my cousin and his wife, and Vanessa, Vanessa spotted an odd dark raptor soaring over the Sound. When I got the scope on it, it was a fairly dark Swainson's Hawk. It soared around for a bit before gliding to Stratford where it soared again over Short Beach then glided farther north to soar again over the condos across from Smith's point. It then headed west and out of sight. It's a new bird for the Coastal Center and for me in CT. Finally...  Frank Gallo and Vanessa Mickan.

Life is short. Bird often.