[CT Birds] Banding today at Birdcraft

Kathy Van Der Aue kvda at optonline.net
Sat Sep 17 12:35:53 EDT 2011

We opened today in hopes of catching some of our expected migrants and had
good luck.  James Purcell and Alex Burdo were able to come as it is
Saturday.  We banded 30 individuals and 15 species:  MAGNOLIA WARBLER,
BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER, AMERICAN REDSTART, BLACK AND WHITE WARBLER,
COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, EASTERN WOOD PEEWEE, NORTHERN PARULA, EASTERN PHOEBE,
NASHVILLE WARBLER, GRAY CATBIRD, CAROLINA WREN, GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH,
NORTHERN CARDINAL, AMERICAN ROBIN and MOURNING DOVE.  Seen but not captured:
BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER and WILSON'S WARBLER.

The boys also reported seeing RED-EYED VIREOS and Alex saw a PHILADELPHIA
VIREO.

Birdcraft is at 314 Unquowa Road, Fairfield.

Kathy Van Der Aue, Southport, CT
kvda at optonline.net