[CT Birds] Farmington meadows development

Zagorski, Sara szagorski at daypitney.com
Wed Sep 21 10:08:35 EDT 2011

I heard from a Farmington resident that the Farmington Planning and
Zoning Commission is meeting on Sept. 26 to discuss the construction of
a live fire training facility on some of the grassland in Farmington
meadows. The section they are looking at is adjacent to Round Hill Rd in
the center of town, behind the sewage treatment  plant.

I was alarmed as I think this parcel includes the spot where the
Harlequin Duck was found a few years ago. I know Hartford area birders
go to the spot frequently and find good birds there. I don't know any
more information about this that what I have just mentioned, and I am
not a Farmington resident. If you are a Farmington resident, or know
people who live there, please ask them about this proposal and explain
to them why this area is a great habitat for birds and should be
protected. If any Farmington residents know more about this proposal,
and are taking action, please let us know.

It is always informative to learn what towns are thinking about with
regard to their open space conservation and development.

Sara Zagorski

This message contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for
the use of the addressee(s) named above.  Any disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the
information by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message.  Thank you.