[CT Birds] Birds in their Habitat

Kathy Van Der Aue kvda at optonline.net
Thu Sep 22 16:04:04 EDT 2011

Connecticut Audubon will host a juried art show this weekend (the 24th &
25th) at our Nature Center located at 2325 Burr Street in Fairfield to
benefit our educational programs in the Fairfield region.  The art work is
all for sale and only renderings of birds are included.  There are
paintings, wood carvings, photographs, sculpture, etchings and ceramics
with prices to suit all pocketbooks.

We will honor master bird carver Floyd Scholz as our Artist of the Year and
there will be live birds of prey both days from 11:00 to 12:00 and 2:00 to
3:00.  Floyd will lecture on Saturday from 10:00 to 11:00.  There will be
baked good and soups for sale.

Admission is $5.00 for adults and children under 10 are free.  We will have
a Gala Preview Party tomorrow night (the 23rd), admission $75.00.  (For more
information call (203) 259-6305 ext. 109)

I have just finished helping to set up the displays and the quality of the
artwork is exceptional.  We're famous for the food at our parties, all home
made by Board Members and volunteers.  There will be an artists market where
the artists will sell budget priced items such as cards and other gifts.
Please try to join us at some point over the weekend.

Kathy Van Der Aue, Southport, CT
kvda at optonline.net