[CT Birds] more to come........

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 22 22:13:58 EDT 2011

To ad to Daves post of more to come........

For the last 3 days, here in my local birding area of Harwinton-New Hartford and
Barkhamsted - The best birding spots have been almost completely void of birds!
Even the common migrating resident birds all seem gone, and no real migrants are
seen as well. Everywhere it is dead! I am believing this wet weather all coming
from the south and west is and has been the reason.

Whenever it all eventually moves out, and nights become clear and cold with
favorable winds again - we should experience all new birds arriving from the

As Jamie reported, today between a hole in a cloud, I spotted a late lone
Nighthawk flying away to the west in a sun dappled opening.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton