[CT Birds] I agree with Dave P......

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 24 11:46:17 EDT 2011

I agree with Dave P and his thoughts on migrants.
 It seems to me, the migrants that are here, join up with local birds and roam
around in one big group looking for food. That's why we can find lots of birds
in one area, and none at all in others. They all wander around in these groups
till the sky opens up at night with favorable winds and off they go.

Also the opposite happens where migrants got up and fly till they meet a front
or overcast sky, where they will then put down, or fall-out to feed and wait
till the next clear night arrives. These fall-outs can be very rewarding when
you do find them. If we get even a partial clear night, some movement can be
expected, so still check your hot spots for that isolated fall-out, which can be
only an hour or even an all day event, till they all move on or wander about
once again.

Not an expert, just my opinion and experience through the years.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton