[CT Birds] Bantam L. warblers

Greg Hanisek ghanisek at rep-am.com
Sat Sep 24 16:04:07 EDT 2011

>From Greg Hanisek

9/24 Litchfield, Point Folly on Bantam Lake - large (100+) feeding group of warblers during late morning. Primarily 70+ Yellow-rumped Warblers, but also 20+ Blackpoll warblers, 10+ Palm Warblers, c 10 Northern Parulas, c 5 Black-throated Green Warblers, 3 Common Yellowthroats, 2 Tennessee Warblers, 2 Nashville Warblers, 2 Black & White Warbers, 2 American Redstarts, 2 Pine Wablers, 1 Yellow Warbler, 1 Magnolia Warbler, 1 Black-throated Blue Warbler. There was also an Eastern Wood-Pewee and a Northern Oriole.

I found the group about 3/4s of the way out the point. It continued moving to the end, then worked its way all the way back to the observation deck and birds started leaving the point. I probably was among the bird for over an hour, joined for awhile by John Marshall and George Stevens. There were still warblers present when I had to leave.