[CT Birds] Sunrise Birding Walk - Actual Warblers!!!

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 14:03:43 EDT 2011

 Hi All,

Having billed the walk 'Westport Warblering' I wasn't sure how we were going to do with them at all today. In the end we managed to pick up 12 species in a few stops around town with the highlight probably being the 2 Wilson's that put on a show in some yews down at Longshore CC and Grace Salmon park being the 'birdiest' overall. Other highlights included a Solitary Sandpiper or two, flyover Bobolinks and an immature Little Blue Heron on Sherwood Island Mill Pond.

Nothing overly spectacular but a decent showing none the less. There was an almost constant stream of Ospreys heading west at Sherwood so it should be a good day to stop at your local hawkwatch today.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich