[CT Birds] FW: eBird Report - White Memorial Foundation - Main Area, Sep 24, 2011

Dave Rosgen dave at whitememorialcc.org
Mon Sep 26 10:39:12 EDT 2011

>From Dave Rosgen, w/ Samantha Foster, George Stephens, John Marshall, Fran Zygmont, Jim Kandefer, Ashley Hayes, and at least 15 additional people participating in White Memorial's Nature Day festival all day. This included 4 walks that I lead, along with lots of incidental observations while we were outside.
Litchfield, White Hall Rd. White Memorial Foundation's Main Area
Sept. 24, 2011;  10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
46 species

Wild Turkey  3
Turkey Vulture  1
Bald Eagle  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Ring-billed Gull  26
Mourning Dove  25
Red-bellied Woodpecker  4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  7
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Olive-sided Flycatcher  1 (seen very well with my spotting scope as it perched in the tops of the trees in the Mill Field and made frequent feeding forays)
Eastern Phoebe  15
Blue Jay  16
American Crow  12
Black-capped Chickadee  14
Tufted Titmouse  18
White-breasted Nuthatch  10
House Wren  2
Eastern Bluebird  13
Wood Thrush  1
American Robin  5
Gray Catbird  24
Cedar Waxwing  17
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Nashville Warbler  1 (Ongley Pond Trail)
Common Yellowthroat  4
Northern Parula  1 (Edge of Carriage House Field)
Blackpoll Warbler  1
Palm Warbler  3
Pine Warbler  19     This species is always abundant around the Museum Area in Sepetember as fall migrants take advantage of an abundance of looper caterpillars and other insects in the White Pine trees that are very numerous around here.
Yellow-rumped Warbler  20
Black-throated Green Warbler  1
Chipping Sparrow  30
Song Sparrow  11