[CT Birds] Finally some birds at Bruce Park Greenwich

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Mon Sep 26 14:12:51 EDT 2011

Went out at lunch to Bruce Park to feed the mosquitoes and finally had some bird activity.  Not much compared to other places but notable were a good number of both SWAINSONS THRUSH and RED-EYED VIREO- impossible to get an accurate count as they were abundant throughout my walk.  One VEERY as well.  Warblers included BLACK AND WHITE, NORTHERN PARULA, and two "bay-poll" types, one of which leaned strongly toward BAY BREASTED.
Forgot to mention it but last Thursday I found a WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW in Bruce Park- threw me for a loop because I wasn't expecting it.  Couldn't find any today.
-Sean Murtha