[CT Birds] CASPIAN TERN, Stratford Point 9/27

Ross Allen emperor_ross at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 08:05:03 EDT 2011

Frank,
I stopped by on the access road behind the Birdseye Dock on 9-27 around 2:30-3:15 and saw 2 Great Egrets, with a Snowy Egret, several sandpipers of various size, and what I thought was an Eastern Phoebe. What I thought was a DC cormorant at first glance, or maybe a GB Heron, turned out to be an Ibis, although what type, I am not sure of. There were certainly plenty of DC cormorants an various seagulls there, too. Also, around the same time on 9-26, I saw a Greater Yellowlegs in the marsh grass near the start of the bike trail.