[CT Birds] Farmington report

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Sep 28 08:45:09 EDT 2011

Passing this along.

 From SH Johnston: (late report)
9/26 -- Farmington Meadows, behind Round Hill Road - 1 DICKCISSEL calling; i AMERICAN KESTREL. This is my last report from this patch; I will not be birding here any more. Construction of a live fire training facility has been approved for this spot, the last piece of undisturbed grassland in Farnington's "back meadow." The facility will be used by fire personnel from several towns. Birding here year-round, I observed 155 species in this "back meadow" over the past three years, including at least 108 at this particular parcel with its varied habitat. Thanks to those who expressed interest. Another piece lost. The harriers and sparrows who winter here may be in for a surprise.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT