[CT Birds] Stratford Point Common Loon

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Sep 29 13:38:16 EDT 2011

Early this morning Twan spotted the first of fall Common Loon that we watched fly south at Stratford Point while working with the town of Stratford set things up for The Great Stratford Bird Festival, this Friday through Sunday. (http://greatmeadowsmarsh.org/)

It is based from Stratford Point with walks here, at Great Meadows Marsh, boat rides on the Housatonic, live raptors, and more. You can find me on Saturday and Sunday at Boothe Park running the hawk watch from at least 10-2. They should be great days so I'm guessing I'll be there for more hours than that. Come on out and enjoy at least some of the events, even if you're only looking for an excuse to bird Stratford Point on the weekend.

Here is a PDF schedule of events: http://www.box.net/shared/static/6ovonpmms1j2g3jx9n9l.pdf

Today at Stratford Point we also have a Peregrine Falcon, American Kestrel, at least 25 Savannah Sparrow, 3 Bobolink, Indigo Bunting, House Wren, Gray Catbird, Palm Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, a few White-throated Sparrow, and hundreds of Tree Swallow (1 Barn) and Cormorants are on the move.

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society