[CT Birds] Hooded Warbler, Stratford

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:48:41 EDT 2011

There was a Hooded Warbler out on the RR track trail in  the Stratford
portion of the McKinney NWR today.  I thought that it was quite late for
this species to still be remaining.

 Portions of this trail out beyond the observation blind which overlooks the
small tidal pond,  were under at least 12" of  water today. It would have
been impossible to walk out to the outermost observation deck overlooking
the marsh without wearing boots which were at least knee high. We have been
having some very high tides.  The chain link gate just beyond the  blind was
almost fully torn out of the ground as a result of Hurricane Irene.

Charlie Barnard Jr.
Stratford