[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich - Hawkwatch Festival

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 21:21:06 EDT 2011

Hi All,

An amazing turnout for the festival today with the lovely blue skies and cumulus clouds but sadly southerly winds. A good start to the day petered out pretty rapidly hawk wise leaving us with a total of 110 hawks on the day with nothing particularly exceptional. Today I had 12 species of warblers in the fields in the morning without logging anything remotely unusual and a Lincoln's was it in the way of interesting sparrows. Highlight of the day for me personally was the late afternoon appearance of 5 Eastern Meadowlarks low over the hawkwatch. A really fun weekend even if the weather (though it stayed dry the whole time the festival was on) and hawks weren't quite as co-operative as they might have been.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich
www.underclearskies.com