[CT Birds] RT Hummingbird and others

jayne.amico at cox.net jayne.amico at cox.net
Mon Oct 3 08:11:34 EDT 2011

 CT Birders -

Most falls I have had  immature RUBY-THROATED HUMMINGBIRDS linger through the first week of October. My guess is the very apparently young birds are the result of late nestings.

As of yesterday I still had three juvenile birds in the gardens. This morning I have seen one so far.

I have been enjoying watching CEDAR WAXWINGS feeding their newly fledged young as well as EASTERN PHOEBES that have figured out the mealworm area. This A.M had my first fall EASTERN TOWHEE. Lottsa YELLOW RUMPED WARBLERS around too.

Jayne

Jayne Neville
Mount Vernon Songbird Sanctuary
www.mvssanctuary.org