[CT Birds] birding hot spots this morn.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 3 12:18:04 EDT 2011

Hit both of my birding hot spots this morn.
Bakersville swamp in N Htfd was completely overcast with fog.
It was also dead cept for the Catbirds. All the sparrows we saw
Sunday were all gone.
Same was the case with Brodey park. I concluded, no migrants
dropped in this area last night, and all the birds which were here
yesterday departed to points south.

Went home and noticed some movement in back yard. There
I encountered a small 40+ bird group feeding within the trees.

3 Blue-H, 1 Red-eyed Vireo, several Redstart, BT Green and
B&W Warbs. best was a low Wilson's, my first of the fall.
These birds I feel were migrants that were in the area
 waiting for the night sky to open up!

Also-checked out a spot below Brodey Park and had -

6 Junco
8 White-throated Sparrow
2 YB Sapsucker
1 Swainson's Thrush