[CT Birds] Diurnal migrants

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Oct 3 13:00:22 EDT 2011

Many species of bird that are nocturnal migrants undergo the migration phenomena called "Morning Flight" as well, so you could sort of call them nocturnal/diurnal migrants. Blue Jays however are pretty much straight diurnal migrants. I had to do some running around this morning and everywhere I went I saw a great many Blue Jays working westward. I'm curious to hear about Lighthouse's Blue jay numbers today. I also heard a few Purple Finches flying over in a couple of places as well.

Dave Provencher
in error, and delete it.  Thank you.