[CT Birds] Big Sit! 2011

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Tue Oct 4 16:37:36 EDT 2011

The Connecticut Audubon Society
Coastal Center at Milford Point's
Big Sit! Fundraiser

I'd like to thank everyone who has already pledged their support for this year's Big Sit! event. You make a big difference! All the proceeds from the event help support the Coastal Center's education and conservation initiatives. Please join the fun and pledge today. See below for details.

We're very excited about this year's event, and are gathering all our gear in hopes of our biggest sit ever! We'll be at the outer platform at Milford Point from 4:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m., on Sunday, and we invite folks to stop by and say hi.   See you there.

The Surf Scopers

Big Sit! 2011

This year our Connecticut Audubon “Big Sit!” team, the B.W. Surf Scopers, (Jim Dugan, Patrick Dugan, Frank Gallo, Tina Green, and Frank Mantlik) will defend, and attempt to break, their own Connecticut “Big Sit!” birding record–107 species seen from within a 17-foot circle. This international event, created by New Haven Bird Club, and sponsored by Bird Watchers Digest, will be held on Sunday, October 9, 2011, with teams competing worldwide. Our goal is to spot as many different species of birds as possible without leaving our seats! In 2010 the Surf Scopers placed third in the overall competition besting 239 other teams representing 51 countries!
We need your help to make this event the best yet – support our record-breaking quest and the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center with a pledge.  Every dollar you pledge will go directly to support the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point – truly one of the best birding destinations in the Northeast! Your donation is 100% tax deductible; the money is used to support our conservation and education efforts. For a pledge form: Please visit our webpage at www.ctaudubon.org, or contact us at 203-878-7440 x 502.  We appreciate your generous support. Thank you! Frank Gallo, Director
Ps. Stay tuned; we’ll post the results on our blog at ctaudubon.blogspot.com

Note: The the final fall canoe tours through the Wheeler Marsh at Milford Point are Sundays, Oct 16 and 30th at 1 p.m. See or webpage for details. Reservations required.