[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge - latish GC Fly

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Tue Oct 4 21:56:25 EDT 2011

Hi All,

Some what disappointing to me that a myiarchus flycatcher at Audubon Greenwich this morning gave a rather all too familiar wheep call. I was already leaning heavily towards that ID but the call prevented any hopeful stringing. Not much else of note apart from a couple of lingering Lincoln's Sparrows. The hawk flight was almost nonexistent until the last hour when up popped a 'kettle' of eight Broad-winged Hawks. Hoping tomorrow will start off to more of a bang.

Plenty of good birds to be found in surrounding states including a Says Phoebe that was found on Long Island today. Lets hope the front brings us something cool too.

Luke Tiller, Greenwich