[CT Birds] (no subject)

pfavreau at cox.net pfavreau at cox.net
Wed Oct 5 18:00:49 EDT 2011

>From Patrice Favreau:
10/5/11 South Windsor, Major Donnelly Land Preserve -  around 3:45PM had 1 Am Tree Sparrow, which really surprised me since I don't recall seeing one before late Oct in previous yrs, but there it was. Also had 10 Palm Warblers, 6 White-throated Sparrows, 3-4 Song Sparrows, 2 Mockingbirds, 2 Cardinals, 2 Catbirds, BC Chickadees, 1 Titmouse, Robins, Bluejays, Starlings, 1 T. Vulture.
Earlier in day at Lighthouse Pt had about 20 Palm Warblers, dozen White-throated Sparrows, 1 Swamp Sparrow, 1Magnolia Warbler, 1 N. Parula, 1 Common Yellowthroat, 1 E. Phoebe, dozens of Bluejays & Robins, lots of Raptors at hawkwatch along with 1 Cliff Swallow (thanks to Julian) & a few Pipits; then at Ft Hale park had 1 Common Yellowthroat, 8  WT Sparrows, several Sharpshinned & Coopers Hawks flyover