[CT Birds] Milford Point

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed Oct 5 20:08:32 EDT 2011

Hi all,

The Whimbrel was around yesterday at high tide but I didn't see it today. Today's highlights were 11 yellow-crowned Night-Herons circling over the marsh at sunset -- most were young birds, a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker on the trees in the clearing... hordes of Yellow-rumped Wablers (22 with a BT Green), a Black-billed Cuckoo that flew in at dusk and started eating caterpillars in the trees along the road, 2 Brant (my first here this year) and 3 American Oystercathcers on the bars, a nice flock of 60 migrating Canada Geese heading south loudly... and 74 Monarch Butterflies roosting in the trees at dusk.

Frank Gallo
Life is short. Bird often.